Yesterday was a stupid day.
It was one of those days that start out great, but end up being terrible because so many little things go wrong.
- The Internet wasn’t working, and we had bills to pay
- I had to call the car insurance people to deal with a bill issue
- The desk was so messy that I had to clean it to find what I needed before I could call the insurance people
- Slider knocked a huge, full glass of water over, where it spilled all over my purse and its contents
- Some work stuff went awry
- So on and so forth
So nothing really big happened, but all the little things really added up to wear me down.
That morning, I really wanted to get to the grocery store to take advantage of Shop N Save’s $10 off $50 or more coupon, so I knew I would have to cut my workout short. Naturally, I was going to do the 30 Day Shred, just because I was so pressed for time, but I COULDN’T FIND IT ANYWHERE. So I tried to hunt down my No More Trouble Zones dvd to do a few circuits of that. Same thing … nowhere to be found. I was so irritated that I couldn’t find what I was looking for that I nearly scrapped my whole workout so I could go to the store.
Then my voice of reason kicked in: “At least put in Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and get in a few circuits. Just put it in. Do it.” And I did.
Even though I only got in about 25 minutes of exercise (and ran out of time for the store anyway), I felt so much better. Had I not worked out, I would’ve regretted later. I also would’ve been a grumpy mess. Taking that 25 minutes to get my sweat on helped me to diffuse my frustration and start my day with a kick.
Not only that, but I don’t have to feel guilty for skipping a day.